Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yay! People!

Pictured: People
As the title would suggest, there are people, somewhere, in Kate's life now. That place, unsurprisingly is my corridor. After weeks of it just being me and Chris, people are moving in like all the time. I thought I'd be annoyed because I like my privacy, but this is actually a good setup.

Otherwise, things are just uneventfully positive. I went to Stockholm last weekend and went on the roller coaster there. It was beautiful and sunny until one point in line when it just started pouring. Then five minutes later it was fine. Then of course when we get on the ride it starts raining again. Right after we were like, what should we do now? And my brilliant suggestion was "Let's go on the swings!" I can't take all the credit for this silly, stupid plan because Mel and Pierre were both like "YES!" By the end of it we needed coffee so badly. Then we pretty much slept the whole way back to Uppsala.

Last night was the first orientation event. It was supposed to be a movie, but due to horrifically bad planning they couldn't fit everyone in the theater. So a bunch of us just went to Norrland's nation and had beers. It has the cheapest beer in all the nations, which is going to be a consideration when I decide what nation to join. (V-Dala is another option because they have a lot for international students and a they host local rock bands).

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....rock bands or cheap beer? Tough decision. I enjoyed the diagram in this post.

    ReplyDelete