Sunday, November 7, 2010

Uppsala Kortfilmfestival

I volunteered at the Kortfilmfestival (short film festival) last weekend. I got to meet some cool people while I was doing it, and all I had to do was sell tickets and drink coffee and in return I got to see as many short films as I wanted. They were set up in 2-hour blocks and over the course of that week I saw five.

At first some of the films seemed way too intense and I wondered why they would make them so hard to watch, but then I realized that when you only have 5-20 minutes to show something, you have to make it make an impact. You don't have a few hours of buildup to make your point.

Even though I understand why they had to be so intense, I have to admit that my favorite was the animated one that was just insanely beautiful.

The Silence Beneath The Bark
Two curious little creatures discover snow and other mysterious things in a dreamy winter landscape.

1 comment: