Saturday, November 6, 2010

balloon gasque

A few weeks ago was the International Student Gasque. A gasque is a big party, much like a prom or formal, where you get dressed up and have a nice dinner, listen to a lot of speeches that you toast with snaps, and dance once you are suitably drunk.

Highlights of the evening
This is the flower balloon that I became irrationally attached to. My "date", or the person I was assigned to sit next to, tried to throw it into the crowd for reasons that I still do not understand. Luckily I rescued it and left him, because he had listened to me talk about how much I loved that balloon for about three hours. There was no excuse for what he did and needless to say, there will not be a second.
 The rules of the gasque. I like the "eaten meal will not be refunded" rule.
 The meal of elk and potatoes... I would have preferred a nice steak, but you've gotta branch out sometime
*side note: I recently tried foie gras... gotta say the French know what they're doing about weird foods


















Overall, a great night. I got to eat weird stuff, dance, and wear a pretty dress. And the most important thing is that my flower balloon survived the whole night!

1 comment:

  1. Great blogging! You look beautiful, Katie! Your hair is getting long!

    ReplyDelete